|City of Liverpool map: 10/21/2014 10:18:35
I'm making my first map. It's a huge Liverpool City centre, gonna probably finish around 2000 territories.
A few questions:
1. Some of the territories are right on the edge of fitting the numbers in; the text fits
but the shadow bleeds over. Is this OK?
2. I've used actual shop and business names, eg. Tesco's, H&M etc.
3. I've put in bus routes and train stations to help movement around the map. I've connected the bus routes, but there's no meaningful way to do so with the underground train lines. There are only a handful though and obviously it'll show up when you click on the stations. Is this going to be acceptable?
4. The bonus structure is going to work on both regional (eg this block, then this few blocks, then this neighbourhood) and conceptual (all the concert venues, all the Tescos, all the Catholic Churches/Christian churches/places of worship etc) groupings. I am also thinking about putting a massive bonus if you get the city centre station and the one on the edge to signify the connection to Manchester. Good idea?
4b. I'm going to do values based on
- number of territories
- difficulty of achieving it/holding it
- value to the city
etc. There are going to be all sorts of fairly arbitrary bonuses. And lots of them. Do I really need to do bonus links? I'll probably be right on the file size limit, and there'll be no meaningful place to put them. I can use the sea, to the west, but I think I might have too many to fit.
Think that's all for now. Just wanted to say hi. This has taken me about a month and a half so far, probably another month to go. I've been coming the city, identifying every building, searching the internet to find out what denomination a particular church is or what a government building does etc... I hope someone's gonna actually play it when it's done!
[edit: damn, meant to put this in the maps forum, too many windows open!]
Edited 10/21/2014 11:10:30