Last night I met up with JRuss after work. I brought him to a Vietnamese restaurant that reminds me of my Vietnamese aunt's cooking (finding a reasonably priced Vietnamese restaurant with authentic flavors and spices isn't easy in Taiwan). Later, my co-worker (Literature teacher, author, Southern gentleman!) joined us, since he was also in the mood for Vietnamese flavors, beer, and conversation.
- JRuss' first name is much cooler than JRuss.
- He's taller than his pictures make him seem: I was expecting less than 180cm, not my height.
- He's thin. Cut back on the drugs JRuss!
- Why doesn't he like beer? The two large bottles I had made the hot spices all the better. For all the fine qualities of Fanta, it's not the ideal beverage for spicy food.
- He's Norwegian too. Maybe that helps balance the California in him.
- He was a bearer of depressing news: apparently Dr Typesomething had too much pressure from his scientific research and committed suicide about a month ago.
- He was more interested in talking about Warlight than I was.
- He thinks I'm evil for what I do on the forum, since, in his mind, "everyone is 14 years old."
- We are both the same age.
- His long hair and thick, framed glasses that he peers over are just an internet gimmick to make the 14 year-old boys swoon.
- He doesn't actually look like that actor that always seems to be wearing make-up and walking around half drunk, half homosexual. (I can never remember his name.)
I met up with JRuss. It turns out he is a she! She has blonde hair and uses the JRuss persona as a creative ploy. She's actually not that bad looking but is a lesbian, which explains her JRuss persona's somewhat masculine nature.
He's taller than his pictures make him seem: I was expecting less than 180cm, not my height.