<< Back to Off-topic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 30 of 33   1  2  Next >>   
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/25/2021 12:27:26

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
Anyone else a big rolling stone fan? Best wishes to Charlie Watts, one of the longest serving members.
- downvoted post by Loxiiv
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/25/2021 17:32:02

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
even frenchies should appreciate the rolling stones...
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/26/2021 17:29:35

RainB00ts
Level 43
extremely overrated band in my opinion
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/26/2021 17:34:52

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
lol you're joking, thats rly funny, hahahHAHAHAHA
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/26/2021 19:16:03

Fc Bayern 
Level 68
The Rolling Stones are my most streamed artist. Right before Frank Zappa.

They just have a massive amount of great songs.

Not everyone can get as old as the Queen.
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 14:20:32

RainB00ts
Level 43
I'm not joking the Rolling Stones are overrated
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 14:57:35

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
said nobody ever, except you
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:38:04

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
Said tons of people.

Are they trash? No. But any band as revered as they are is overrated.

In terms of sheer talent, not impact on music, or culture, etc. someone like Charlie Watts has nothing on someone like Neil Peart or John Bonham.

Edited 8/27/2021 15:41:29
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:40:45

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
so beatles are over-rated too?
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:41:41

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
Yes.

Watch Charlie Watts play the drums.

Now watch Neil Peart play the drums. Please tell me Charlie Watts is the more talented drummer with a straight face.

Is the Rolling Stones more influential than Rush? Absolutely. Does that make their members the most talented, or better than those of less renowned bands? No.

Charlie Watts was a good drummer, there are others though who frankly perform magic with drumsticks by comparison.

Edited 8/27/2021 15:46:07
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:46:36

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
so in my RIP Charlie Watts post you would rather argue that rolling stones is over rated and charlie watts isnt as good as neil whoever

the definition of ratings, is it is subjective/comparative. when you're the best, there is no over-rating, because you can't rate the best. rolling stones were the best in their time and there is little arguing that lol. sure, you may not like their music, or you may enjoy another band more, but widespread opinion would be rolling stones is one of the greatest.
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:47:39

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
Every band you can think of will have people calling it overrated. You don't need to agree with those statements, but you're the one that got butthurt over it.

Not to mention you're contradicting yourself and failing to form anything resembling a coherent argument.

> the definition of ratings, is it is subjective/comparative

> when you're the best, there is no over-rating, because you can't rate the best.

Ratings are subjective, yet you supposedly also can't rate the best. If ratings are subjective, so is the concept of being 'the best'.

Edited 8/27/2021 15:49:33
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:47:40

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
i dont say charlie watts is best drummer ever. but he was one of the longest participating members in the band, and i think that speaks a lot !!
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:49:43

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
you cant over-rate something that is the best in its category. that makes 0 sense
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:52:28

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
If ratings are subjective there isn't a best in a category. Or do you not actually agree with the things you yourself say?

And, yes, you can overrate the best.

If you have me try two things and I say one is a million times better than the other, it might be the better of the two, but I can still overrate it by exaggerating the extent of its superiority.

Both your statements are wrong.

You can't claim there isn't a best, and also claim a specific thing is the best. And yes, you can, irrefutably overrate the best by exaggerating the extent of their superiority.

I'm not even trying to shit on the rolling stones, they're fine, but this:

"said nobody ever, except you"

Just keep stupid shit like this to yourself.

A quick google search for "Rolling Stones" overrated, returns 177,000 results, it's a frankly fairly popular stance.

For Bands like the Beatles and Stones to not be overrated, they'd need to be so far better than everyone else that everyone else was trash, and everyone else isn't trash.

Your "Neil Whatever" comment shows this frankly, you don't even recognize the name of the deceased drummer of Rush, who is widely rated as a top 5 drummer of all time, and is usually put in the top 3 alongside John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, and Keith Moon of The Who.

Edited 8/27/2021 16:11:25
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:56:49

│ [20] │MASTER│ Rikku │ I love my wife │ • apex │
Level 61
TL;DR

but I agree with my chum Nauzykins
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 15:58:36

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
okay let me try to explain.

ratings can only be done when there is something to scale them to. this makes them subjective. we only know what is the best because its what we seen. maybe i shouldnt have used that word. either way, ratings are comparative.

how. do. you. over. rate. something. that. is. the. best.

rolling stones is widely acclaimed one of the greatest rock band (atleast of its time) that is fact. so if a 10 is rated a 10, how is it over rated? rolling stones is a 10. greatest of all time. it is not possible to rate over-rate it because it is already rated the highest possible. hope that makes sense. there is no going past 10. if you rated them a 9, that would be under-valued. right?

now if what you're saying is rolling stones is bad music and shouldnt be critically acclaimed, that is just silly. there are critics for a reason! ofc you may like other music more but there rly is no arguing that rolling stones is over-rated unless you have a personal taste that interferes with your bias.
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:00:13

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
also nauz i dont need to keep stupid shit like that to myself, you need to be less toxic. THIS IS A REST IN PEACE CHARLIE WATTS THREAD AND YOURE DISSING THE DEAD. fuck off dude!
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:01:12

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
don't come in my threads and tell me what i can or cant say, i didnt know you were a warzone moderator, or my dad. okay... jeez
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:02:08

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
I'm telling you not to be stupid, and your response is, "I'll be stupid if I want to.".

If that's not a resignation of stupidity, I don't know what else is.

Neil Peart's just as dead as Charlie Watts.

I didn't diss the dead anymore than your "Neil Whatever" comment did.

And these aren't "your threads". Making a thread doesn't give you some sort of ownership over it. Want to control the content of replies? Go make a fucking blog.

Edited 8/27/2021 16:03:27
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:03:16

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
if im stupid nauz, what does that make you? socially handicapped?
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:04:29

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
It makes me tired. That's what other people's stupidity makes me.

And no, saying Charlie Watt's wasn't the greatest drummer isn't dissing the dead. Nor can the dead even be dissed. They're dead. They're not here, they can't feel insulted.

Charlie Watt's deserves respect or not based on whether he was a good person or not (don't know him personally, can't say if he was, but I am by no means saying he wasn't), but not based on how good the music he made was or wasn't.

Michael Jackson made great music. He was also a terrible person who molested children. He doesn't deserve my respect.

Charlie Watt's to the best of my knowledge was a much better person, and probably does deserve respect, but not due to being part of a band that lots of people like, that doesn't define him as a person.

Edited 8/27/2021 16:09:33
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:12:36

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
my stupidity? you're the one that constantly texts me about some *trophy* you're about to get, or how you were so close, or how i had the rating you were *supposed* to have, constantly calculating your rating every 30 minutes for what? do you understand how stupid that is. if you put HALF the effort into actually playing the game instead of feeding your own self serving narcissisms, you might actually be A QUARTER as good as you think.

idk why you have to resort to name calling every time but its ridiculous and tiresome. if you rly wanna get in a namecalling fight call your ex, dont come bother me lol
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:15:49

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
I don't constantly message you at all, basically every conversation we've had has been initiated by you.

You also outright messaged me asking me to congratulate you when you got the trophy. I really can't think of a more pathetic cry for attention than that.

It's pretty well known that I rate myself lower than other people would rate me as well. Never once claimed to be the best, or one of the best, or anything close to it. You're the one that's constantly overrating yourself.

Seriously, don't talk to me about overrating oneself. If you want to carry that cross I'll crucify you on it, you have overrated yourself consistently, and incessantly, for years, any time anyone suggests you're not amazing you get butthurt. You claim you were winning vs Xeno when he booted despite literally everyone else who has ever looked at the game saying otherwise. But you have to claim you were winning, because if you weren't then your 3v3 trophy isn't valid.

I've repeatedly rated myself lower than other people have. In every instance of things like manager's league people put me higher than I felt I deserved. Yet you make claims about carrying people rated among the top 5 on the site.

Edited 8/27/2021 16:26:17
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:26:31

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
are we gonna share screenshots now? you like to text me all the time about "best 3v3 teams" and "im on a run with rento/irise and we won this game with autopilot picks" and anything else. dont deny you go out of your way to text me on a regular basis to feed yourself. but when i succeed? you had nothing to say to me. if anything, you only said "you have the rating i was supposed to have if i didnt lose a game in a dumb way" like... dude... hate to break it to ya... who tf says shit like that. you were supposed to be a friend and you're just an asshole. the last thing i ever typed to you is "where is my congrats" because you knew you talked to me regulary and you acknowledged my rating but refused to congratulate for what? cos you're rude as shit dude

want a cry for attention? look at all of your forum posts.

i dont need your attention nauz that is why i havent texted you in months lol. and i know why you havent texted me.

"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, when you have a log in your own"

don't come to my thread calling me stupid and this and that after you diss my opinions. it is obvious you only have negative intentions and you didnt come here to discuss, you only try to provoke. what is the point? again, more stupidity. in your arguments you are always trying to deflect. more stupidity. i hope in time you realize that you're a shitty friend and an even shittier debater.
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/27/2021 16:27:45

Johnny Silverhand 
Level 57
I haven't messaged you in nearly two months. The one time we have talked in years was a discussion initiated by you.

I'm not a shitty friend. That'd require being your friend.

> like... dude... hate to break it to ya... who tf says shit like that.

Lets pretend context doesn't exist.

Actual conversation:

I found it funny that you literally got the exact rating I'd have had if not for my fuckup. Nothing more, nothing less. You didn't get 2423 and have me say, "I almost got that once." as if I was arguing I was as good, you didn't get 2410 and have me respond that I deserved 2420 so was better, etc. The context wasn't even close to the same as you're trying to imply. There was a coincidence, I found the coincidence amusing, literally nothing more.

Your head's as inflated as a balloon. Get over yourself.

Edited 8/27/2021 16:35:09
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/28/2021 10:41:10

Xenophon 
Level 63
Nauz wins the bo11 6-0 or 6-1
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/28/2021 12:05:55

Tac(ky)tical
Level 62
i look back at this and kinda wonder why D: sowwy nauz uwu *wags tail*

ily
RIP Charlie Watts: 8/29/2021 00:23:36

l4v.r0v 
Level 59
I wonder if he's still got any sympathy for the Devil now that he's met the guy.
Posts 1 - 30 of 33   1  2  Next >>