The World Cup football has come a little closer, and as you guys might remember I have done a small prediction thread before (Last year). With the WC closer, we are going to continue it and get some people active. (http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread?ThreadID=20330&Offset=0
Hey guys, the groups for the World Championship have been made and it looks quite promising. I want to do a kind of challenge (game if you want). Like Myhand has a competition for who can predict the games on WL the best, I want to do a challenge on who can predict the WC the best.
How am I going to give you a score for your predicted games? Very simple, I`m going to use a system I got from a dutch site.
Here is how it goes:
Predict score and winner wrong: 0 points (example: Prediction = 2-1, Match Score = 1-2. Means 0 points)
Predict half score correct and winner wrong: 2 Points (example: Prediction = 2-1, Match Score = 0-1)
Predict Winner correct but not the score: 5 Points (Example: Prediction = 2-1, Match Score = 1-0)
Predict Winner and half score correct: 7 points (Example: Prediction = 2-1, Match Score = 2-0)
Predict Score completely correct: 10 points (Example: Prediction = 2-1, Match Score = 2-1)
Your points will be calcuted then with the formula: P = T/R (points = total points divided by the rounds participated) This means that you can jump in and out of this any time you want without losing points.
Furthermore, as this is the first time, there are some bonus points to give:
You can now, as this is before the WC has started, predict who will make it through their group and who will make it to the finals. For every correct groupplace you`ll get 5 bonus points, for every correct team afterwards you`ll get 10 points.
1. Make your prediction clear, don`t write anything together and give the matches the same number as I did.
2. Don`t edit your post on the day the first match is played, or anytime afterwards. If you want to adjust a prediction before the match has started, make a new post. Every post edited on the day the first match was played, or any day after that first match will result in me not counting your score anymore.
3. Don`t come with last minute predictions, I would like to have them all in a word document (which makes it easier for me to calculate the scores, without getting confused.)
4. Don`t jump out on purpose because you are far ahead on the rest and don`t want to risk lowering your score. Be a nice guy and keep it fair.
5. Don`t edit your post if you see you`ve done badly in this round. Once again keep it fair.
The bonus-point round will be in the next post.
Edited 5/8/2014 19:07:46