A demilitarized zone is a zone or area where military conflict is prohibited. It's a place where, despite the existence of an ongoing dispute, there is a sense of peace or tranquillity.
It also doubles as an awesome acronym.
I'm going to start a clan under this name. What makes this one so different from the other dozen clans out there?
- We aren't looking for perfection. We aren't a clan that will attempt to fine-tune ourselves.
- We are, however, looking for potential and commitment. New Warlight players are very welcome to apply. We will look at every application. We don't look at stats; we look at gameplay. We also would to see you play in a good number of games. If you're busy, that's okay, but make a bit of an effort to stay in touch.
- We aren't that serious. To be honest, I don't play this game to become the best. I play this game to enjoy myself, to challenge myself. This clan will reinforce that philosophy. However, we still want to win. ;)
- We want discussion. If you are playing a game with us, let us know what you are doing. Nothing reinforces a bond with your teammate more than letting him/her know everything you are doing, it shows that you value his/her opinion. We want to be tight-knit in that sense.
- We want to make the game better for you. You'll know who to turn to if you have trouble with something. You'll know who to invite to your tournament teams. You'll know why you're still playing this game, in front of your computer.
I'm looking for modest interest in this concept, and I'm open to any suggestions. It would be nice to get five members to make this work, and if there is more then so be it. If it does pick up, I will make sure we have a centralised place to discuss and talk to each other, like a website or forum.
- Leave a reply on this thread indicating your interest.
- I will invite you to a practice game where we can chat privately, and you can show me examples of your strengths via games you've played, your performance in tournaments, etc. (I'm not a harsh critic.)
- You'll know within 24 hours if you can place the [DMZ] tag beside your name.
My profile will indicate if we are open to membership at any point in time. I'll probably keep an updated member list on my profile.