<< Back to General Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 6 of 6   
Map Design Problem: 5/21/2010 19:10:04


Unyoto 
Level 12
Report
I'm having an issue with my latest map.

I'm ready to start testing it. Everything is labeled, connected, bonuses are done, Distributions made..etc.

However, when I try to move it into testing, it's saying that there is an unconnected territory "Unnamed." I have gone through this map 2 dozen times and there are no unlabeled areas.

I meticulously checked every single territory. Nothing. I went back to the image and started moving objects around to see if maybe I had an object that was being overlapped so I couldn't see it. Nothing.

The only thing I can think of is maybe there is something wrong with something in my text? The text boxes I have all show "flowRoot3456" as their ID, except one which says "text3483." Could this be the problem?

I'm at a loss as to what to do next...
Map Design Problem: 5/21/2010 19:11:49


Unyoto 
Level 12
Report
Ah, one more thing.

In the upper left corner of the map in Warlight, there is a small gray dot, like you see for the center point of each territory. However, there is no territory up there, not on the warlight map, or on the original image. Could this be it?
Map Design Problem: 5/21/2010 20:38:04

Fizzer 
Level 58

Warzone Creator
Report
I'll take a look this evening and figure out what is going on.
Map Design Problem: 5/21/2010 21:33:40


Unyoto 
Level 12
Report
Thanks Randy
Map Design Problem: 5/22/2010 03:56:42

Fizzer 
Level 58

Warzone Creator
Report
Hey Unyoto,

First off, great map! I took a look, and it seems like the problem is coming from the very lower left territory.

If you open up the XML viewer in Inkscape, (fourth button from the top right), and take a look at this bottom left territory, you'll see there are actually two objects here both with Territory_ names - Territory_50 and Territory_100.

What's happening is that Territory_50 is a group, and Territory_100 is inside it. So in effect, there are two territories here, and one isn't connected. All you have to do is remove the id from Territory_50 and the map worked fine after that.

WarLight's error message was very unhelpful in this case since it didn't tell you the ID of the territory causing the issue. I will fix this for the next release - it will say "Unnamed (50)" instead of just "Unnamed."

I also discovered another issue when playing with this. That is, if you fix the bug in the map and try to test it, it will still give you the error until you refresh your browser since it has the old map cached. I'll have this fixed in the next release too.

Thanks for reporting this! Let me know if you have any more troubles.
Map Design Problem: 5/22/2010 19:02:32


Unyoto 
Level 12
Report
All good now, thanks!
Posts 1 - 6 of 6