In my opinion the game should always try to go bigger. I hope Fizzer can win enough money to have assistants and programmers.
This game could become THE game when the subject is risk/war on-line games and strategical/tatical turn based games.
This game (as many other strategy games) help the mind and make you smarter.
My suggestion to the money problem are:
ST= short term (no investments)
MT= medium term (need a little structure)
LT- long term (a good structure)
1) Google ads for free players (make it small, don't shout it in their faces and they will get that is good for the game). (ST)
2) Make new Single Player maps and some different stuff to make a 2.0 version and spotlight again at KONGREGATE one more time (i am a kongregater), try to talk to their staff about making their version with intern multiplayer options, make them come here after they win their achievment). This is warlight score on kongregate (Avg: 4.22 of 32,259 ratings) and its awesome. (MT)
3) Make this with other flash site games (MT); try in social media too (LT).
4) In the mobile version make the SINGLE PLAYER version FREE, the multiplayer version 0.99, a lite multiplayer version with ladders 9.99, the big version 29.99 (with full access like this one). (MT)
5) You need to SPOTLIGHT in all mobile apps sites. So for that we need that all the players in here make a huge effort to gave lots and lots of 5/5 votes, to be downloaded as much as possible and with a 5 start painted rating. (MT in the same moment as 4).
6) Talk to a Lawyer (do we have one in here?), study the risk/war patents, make this game your own Boardgame. In every country there will be a TOY company that is not Hasbro or GROW that will love to have a new boardgame in their catalog. A standart Box with double-side board strategic 1v1/Europe map, and a set with 6 colors could be sold for 19.99-29.99. New colors 1.99 to 4.99 and new maps 4.99 to 9.99.
7) Warlight is a GAME of CHANCE, it has luck involved, so it can have a bet system between players and paid tournaments (that 60% to 75% of the money will be gave it back to the winner/top finish) My advice the luck in this games should be higher than 16% so it plays a bigger part. (MT)
8) STOP FREE TOURNAMENTS, they are extremely counter-productive, dozens of people should not wait for MONTHS with HOPE of winning the tournament, they should be buying their memberships TODAY. (ST)
9) This one is for players that have more than 500 games: STOP BEING CHEAP. At least 80% of you can afford it and have access to a credit card. You spend 29 dolars in ONE or TWO take-out foods while you are playing your hundreds hours of warlight fun. (IMMEDIATE)
I am a salesman and a marketer, and i think the information here is worth a good buck.
I would love to talk about making any of those reals.