Map of the Week
Wiki / FAQ
<< Back to Map Development Forum
Posts 1 - 7 of 7
: 1/24/2012 00:41:13
After I suggested the making of a video tutorial for map making I was quickly thrown back the response feel free to put one together.
So that's what I am doing. A very basic but well versed video on map making.
The reason I am posting here before I am done the editing is:
I kinda want to know what you expect to find in the tutorial so that nobody is disappointed.
The basic layout up to now is
-> Step 1 is to access the wiki
-> step 2 is downloading Inkscape, reading the rules on wiki
-> step 3 is using Inksape and taging Territory_ and BonusLink_
-> step 4 activating WL editor
-> step 5 using warlight editor, connections, adding bonus, center points
(all is supported by visuals -and it goes step then show how , step show how...)
This will probably take a week or 2 to complete
: 1/24/2012 01:02:02
Sounds great! Let me know if I can help.
: 1/24/2012 03:20:57
now that I think of it. Is it possible to obtain a copy of the warlight theme music?
: 1/24/2012 03:49:20
this thread shows what the music is, if Fizzer doesn't provide.
: 1/24/2012 06:03:38
Maybe you could have some tips flash on throughout the video? Or a display at the end? Here are a few off the top of my head that I don't think are on the Wiki:
1. Center your map before uploading the SVG. (1400+ centerpoints + re-centered map = lots of cursing, trust me)
2. Save territories, bonus links, and graphics to different layers for easy tagging in XML. (This may be too advanced for what you're looking for, but it sure made my life easier.)
3. Shift+mousescroll scrolls right and left. Ctrl+mousescroll zooms in and out.
4. You can't change the name or description of the map after it goes public.
5. Share your preview link! Warlight players love to help.
If I think of more, I'll let you know.
: 2/16/2012 23:25:32
hows this tutorial coming?
im really interested in making some maps, but i cant seem to get the hang of it.. im more of a visual learner too.
: 2/20/2012 05:34:51
Well I dint think it take me this long I am more than half way through about at the phase of showing Inkscape tools..
I would rather not give a date when it be done cus I got alot on my plate these days!
But soon.. soon I hope. :)
Posts 1 - 7 of 7
Post a reply to this thread
Before posting, please proofread to ensure your post uses proper grammar and is free of spelling mistakes or typos.