Yesterday I caught up on many forum thrads so more/less I got to see what was happening past few months. Anyway I'll get to the point right away, here are some very easy changes that'd eliminate a lot of frustration out of some aspects of warlight.
1) Change ladders from 16% to 0% luck
Quite obvious, it'd prevent some games from being decided on an unlucky 7vs4 (~95% chance), Other than that it would not change anything in gameplay.
2) Only rate players who have finished their FIRST 20 games (15 for 2v2 ladder). Increase game expiration from 3 to 4 months.
Easy enough, there would be no more stalling. I really thought it is important back in the day, but now that I saw what happened past month on 2v2 ladder I think this is the point it is not only important, but necessary from competetive standpoint.
3) Let play team games on one account, meaning allow a mode that'd serve as a substitute for playing with alts.
4) Official 3v3 ladder or an official champions league once a year? (ok, that one is not that easy to implement)
5) Wynaut let us see history with fog with respect to a player?
6) Make an official warlight timeline with most important events (community, work on this)
Wynaut implement some easy changes?: 1/20/2014 22:01:17
2) Do you mean only RANK players who finish their first 20? Not even giving them a rating seems very bold, but might work. If they have completed 19 games and had no rating they would still be being matched against very low rated players.
Wynaut implement some easy changes?: 1/20/2014 22:04:47