A new update is out to both the client and server! Here's what's changed:
- Added the Server_Created hook. This allows mods to change settings when they're created.
- To show off its use, I created the randomized bonuses mod, viewable here: https://github.com/FizzerWL/ExampleMods/tree/master/RandomizedBonusesMod
- This mod allows setting the random amount (+/- 1 or more), and it also has a check box to specify whether or not to allow bonuses to go negative. It's a very simple example, check the code to see how it works and how to make check boxes.
- The API documentation has been vastly improved. See this page for a full list of all objects: https://www.warlight.net/wiki/Mod_API_Reference
- Fixed a bug with the Server_StartGame hook that made games throw errors whenever history was retrieved.
- If a mod in a multi-player game crashes, players now get a more friendly "This mod has crashed" error.
- If a mod in a multi-player game crashes, it now saves the report into the database. Mod creators can click the new "Reports" button in the mod development console to view data about any crashes.
- Games with mods are never considered pure skill.
- Mod authors can now place a file in their github repo called ModDescription.txt. This file will be loaded and displayed to players when "Mod Info" is clicked.
- I marked four bonuses as Promoted, which means that they show up by default for everyone in the Mods page now: Randomized Wastelands (by Fizzer), Randomized Bonuses (by Fizzer), Picks Swap (by Krzysztof), and Customized Wastelands (by Master of the Dead)
Edited 4/8/2017 02:04:19