Tired of playing the same damn 1 v 1 map?
Vote here: http://warlight.uservoice.com/forums/77051-warlight-features/suggestions/2327105-random-map-1-v-1-ladder
1. Create a Random Map 1 v 1 Ladder (and keep the current one).
2. Use 10-20 good maps and settings. For example:
1: Current 1 v 1 Ladder's Map/Settings
2: Europe Map/No Cards/12 Starting Spots
3: 1 v 1 Ladder Map, No Cards
4: Other suitable maps/settings for good, competitive, fair 1 v 1 duels
3. How it would work: Everything would be the same as the current 1 v 1 Ladder except one thing -- each game the map/settings would be randomly (ie, automatically) selected from among the 10-20 predetermined maps/settings.
1. Fairness: Some players are better in games with cards, others without cards. Players have map preferences & advantages. Random maps/settings would create a more equal playing field.
2. Better Measure of Overall 1 v 1 Ability: I can't remember the last time somebody beat me in a pure (no outside help, equal bonuses) 1 on 1 within a 3 v 3 game. But people who would have no chance against me in such a battle can beat me on the 1 v 1 ladder settings. This makes me believe that the luck (of positioning, pick order, move order, cards, etc.) makes for an imperfect 1 v 1 battle. Chance, happenstance, luck, map/settings advantages should not be so influential. Random maps/settings would help: one's overall ladder rating would be a clearer indication of the player's true 1 v 1 abilities, since the maps and settings would be different for each game. Maybe Player A dominates the current ladder settings. Player B dominates map #2. Player C dominates map #3. Etc. Playing 10-20 maps/settings would be a better measure of who is the best overall 1 v 1 player.