It's my personal opinion that TTTRI is it's own game mode, as opposed to a template, because it is that
different than every other template, but that is semantics and everyone is entitled to call it what they want.
- +1 income per territory
- Completing any bonus (three in a row, tic-tac-toe) decreases your income by 2
- Having all negative bonuses is so opposite of every other Warlight game! This is why I consider TTTRI to be its own game mode, like Local Deployments or Multi Attack.
- Order Priority/Order Delay - Use like normal. Start with one of each, get one of each, each turn.
- Reinforcement Card - Use like normal, the 5 army boost is huge in this game. Start with one, receive another if you survive and successfully attack for 3 turns.
- Gift Card - Use aggressively in an attempt to decrease an opponent's income. Use cautiously for it will decrease your income as well. Start with one, get one every other turn.
- Blockade Card - Blockaded armies will be multiplied by 10%. Use this card defensively to prevent yourself from losing income in a negative bonus. Get one every turn.
- Don't attack neutrals
- If you have a territory that would give your opponent three in a row, that's great! You can gift it to them to (hopefully) decrease their income, or just let it sit there and give you income, because your opponent will (likely) not attack it.
- If your opponent has a territory that would give you three in a row, watch out! They may gift it to you. Blockade one of your other territories in that row, then go ahead and take it. Your opponent probably won't be defending it.
- Blockades multiply armies in a territory by 10%, not 110%.
- Only blockade territories that have 1 army in them. Any more armies is a waste.
- Blockades turn into 0 neutrals, so you want to put them behind your line. You have to defend your blockades, instead of having them defend you!
- Keep attacking! Your need that second, and maybe even third card!
- Be careful attacking! Since 4 income usually has the game won, every army matters.
Just be good at guessing what your opponent is going to do.
Also, I think I may like TTRI 1ag1ag1 because there are no neutrals, and it's even crazier! Sound fun to you, too? Message me for an invite to my tournament! https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer/Tournament?ID=19838