Welcome to Turn 5 of The Impaller versus The World, a game that everyone gets to participate in! For more information about the game, view this blog post.
The winning item from last time was number 9. Use reinforcement card for an additional 5 armies. Deploy 16 to Colombia. Deploy 1 to Mexico. Attack Venezuela with 16 from Colombia. Transfer 1 from Ufa to Moscow. Transfer 1 from Moscow to Murmansk. Transfer 1 from Norway to Murmansk. Attack-only Venezuela with 6 from Brazil. Attack Cuba with 3.
Here's how we started
Here's the outcome:
- The World plays a reinforcement card for 5 armies
- The Impaller: Deploy 17 to Venezuela
- The World: Deploy 16 to Colombia
- The World: Deploy 1 to Mexico
- The World: 16 armies failed to take Venezuela from Colombia. 13 attacking armies killed, 10 defending armies killed.
- The World: 1 army transferred to Moscow from Ufa
- The Impaller: 2 armies failed to take Colombia from Venezuela. 2 attacking armies killed, 1 defending armies killed.
- The Impaller: 2 armies failed to take Brazil from Venezuela. 2 attacking armies killed, 1 defending armies killed.
- The World: 1 army transferred to Murmansk from Moscow
- The World: 1 army transferred to Murmansk from Norway
- The World: 5 armies failed to take Venezuela from Brazil. 3 attacking armies killed, 3 defending armies killed.
- The World: 3 armies captured Cuba from Mexico. 1 attacking armies killed, 1 defending armies killed.
- The World received an Order Delay card
Here are our options:
- Start taking Scandanavia, using only enough armies so that we can take it next turn. This ensures we won't strand very many extra armies up here after it's taken.
Deploy 7 to Norway, 5 to Brazil. Attack Svalbard with 5, and Sweden with 3. Take Finland with the two 2s from Murmansk and Moscow to ensure we get a card piece.
- Hit The Impaller hard in South America first move, to try to eliminate him from the area.
Deploy all 12 to Brazil. Attack Venezeula with all 14 from Brazil and with 2 from Colombia.
- Defend against The Impaller in South America, and try to take him out with a delayed attack.
Deploy 5 to Brazil, 6 to Colombia, 1 to Cuba. Play the order delay card. Fortify Moscow -> Murmansk -> Norway. Attack Venezeula with everything (8 from Colombia, 7 from Brazil, 2 from Cuba)
- Start exploring Africa, Australia and Asia to attempt to locate The Impaller's other bonuses. Likely targets are East Africa, Indonesia or India
Deploy 4 to Ufa, 4 to Scott, and 2 to Brazil. Fortify Colombia -> Brazil transfer-only and Moscow -> Murmansk -> Norway. Take Nigeria, Tasmania, and Western Kazakhstan with 4 each.
You should interpret the stars as follows:
- 0 Stars means "I don't care" or "I'm indifferent to this item."
- 1 Star means "I'm positive we should not do this."
- 2 Stars means "I don't think we should do this."
- 3 Stars means "Maybe we should do this."
- 4 Stars means "I think we should do this."
- 5 Stars means "I'm positive this is what we should do."
Use this thread to discuss strategy. Feel free to suggest new options and if there's enough demand, I'll add them for voting. Have votes in before the end of the day Friday and check back Saturday for the next turn!