That Cute Map With the TreesCreated by Clint Eastwood (all)
Went public on 6/9/2017
Number of ratings: 31
Average rating: 3.580 / 5
49 territories, 10 bonuses, 0 distribution modes
|I made this map because of a conversation I had with Scarlett, and I don't think she took me seriously when I said I'd make a map called "That Cute Map With the Trees." So, here we are!
Edit: fixed overlap issue in Hofsós.
Review by Nathan on 6/10/2017.
It IS cute. Although I think the number of trees on the map may actually exceed the number of trees in Iceland. In any event, great little map!
Saving the planet one WL map at a time. Thank you!
Review by daftpunk on 6/10/2017.
Great work Clint!
Review by NinjaNic on 6/10/2017.
Why is that? :O
Review by Phakh Gokhn on 6/10/2017.
This map has following issues:
1. Bonuses are poorly balanced. There are two bonuses worth of 2 income, while other bonuses are worse considering size and income/territory ratio than these smaller bonuses.
2. Trees in Hofsos (Northwestern Region) look messed up.
3. Map looks unrealistic. It lacks glaciers and town icons (Reykjavik certainly deserves one).
4. Landmannalaugar (West Southern Region) and Porshofn (Outer Northeastern REgion) look like separate territories.
5. The entire appear of map looks like a copy of Ninja Nic's Design. Map looks uninspired.
With some tweaks, this map could become great, but in it's current state it looks average at best.
1. I don't see what you mean. I used the same 2/3 system I use for all my maps, and I've played multiple FFAs on it. It's quite balanced, actually. Maybe not for 1v1s, but I didn't design this map for 1v1s.
2. See map description. Not sure how it slipped past testing, but I found and fixed that yesterday (6/9/17), but the update is still pending.
3. The goal wasn't to make it realistic. The goal was to make a cute map with trees.
4. I see how this could be a problem. I'll try and fix it when I can (could be a while, though--internet problems).
5. I was aiming for a NinjaNic-style map (yes, he is aware of this--see his humorous review).
Thank you for your criticism! It helps me improve in the future.
Review by Daryle on 6/12/2017.
Fun little map needs a few more back doors though