<< Back to Off-topic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 30 of 46   1  2  Next >>   
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 22:32:24

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Here is a parable that explains Tabbism.

There is an island in the Pacific. One day sailors arrived at the island, bringing cats , rats and other animals from mainland Europe.

The naive birds unfamiliar with predators are gradually eliminated by the strong introduced species.

One day a cat saw a bird.

The bird cried: "Oh you evil cat! You cats are monsters and speciesists! You murdered so many birds and mice!"

The cat was shocked that a bird could actually speak and said:"You said what? Speciesist? Yeah, we are. So what?! Which sentimental retard taught you that stupid idea? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You idiotic bird who believes in the Just World Hypothesis deserves to be extinct!"

The bird was shocked and said: "What?! You cats are really demonic monsters! You don't have any compassion or love! Instead you only know cruelty!"

The cat smiled and said: "LOL what? Compassion is a disease of stupid collectivist human retards and love is an illness of the retarded dogs. You silly birds aren't even animals. You have betrayed Darwin. Do you know what "survival of the fittest" means, retarded bird who actually expects humans or other sentimental idiots to save them? We cats are the real wise animals who fully understand Darwinism and its implications. You are just retarded. Sorry."

The bird cried bitterly: "You demon!"

The cat smiled again and said: "I am if this is what that word means. However I have a much more practical question for you: Do you want to live?"

The bird shouted: "Yes!"

The cat purred: "Great! Here is what it takes to survive. The universe is a cruel and amoral place. To survive you have to stop whining and stop asking for compassion for there is none. Instead you must strengthen yourself, watch out for danger and fight for yourself. No one else is necessarily going to help you. I will let you go. Good luck! I hope you will be an animal worthy of the word "animal"."

The bird left, pondering what the cat said. The cat smiled and for the first time showed some respect to the bird for it is finally becoming a more worthy creature.

Edited 9/30/2017 00:56:03
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 22:41:18

Cata Cauda
Level 58
I bet you would cry and beg for your life if someone more knowledgeable arrived and wanted to murder you. Because thats what you picture here.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 23:27:16

Bane 
Level 60
"Great! Here is what it takes t
o survive.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 23:41:30

Wulfhere
Level 47
wow god damn edgy stuff comin from cata m8 idk if you'll be able to come back after that grim monologue/roast
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 23:43:45

Wulfhere
Level 47
so basically you're a Darwinian Capitalist
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/29/2017 23:45:33

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Yes.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:02:32

Wulfhere
Level 47
but what if people reject slaughtering each other and form organized societies as they have always done
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:18:35

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^There is nothing wrong with that. Instead this is good. Overcoming the Hobbesian state of nature is a huge achievement. However you can be perfectly selfish and perfectly non-violent at the same time.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:22:13

Wulfhere
Level 47
ok good. I believe in capitalism because the ruling class will inevitably be the most intelligent class. And without government intervention or any centralization, any intelligent person could be an entrepreneur. The greatest danger of capitalism is it can end up in oligarchy, where corporations prevent people from starting their own companies using the power of the state. In order to prevent an oligarchy of corporations from taking power, there should be a Monarch in power and a small political class of nobles.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:24:24

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Parable of the cat and the bird-Part 2

20 days later the bird spotted the cat.

The bird said: "Thanks! I think what you said makes sense."

The cat responded: "Hmm..You are too high for me to capture. Smart bird. No. You shouldn't thank me."

The bird asked: "Why?"

The cat answered: "Because it was in my own self-interest to let you go and teach you the truth last time."

The bird was surprised and asked: "But isn't it true that you cats constantly need meat or you will die? Why were you such a hypocrite that you spared me and remained hungry?"

The cat smiled and said: "Great analysis! You have indeed learned a lot during the past 20 days! However you still misjudged the situation. I was full so I didn't need to eat you. Furthermore I have an interest in preventing your species from extinction."

The bird said: "But why? Because you would have less food to eat if we die out?"

The cat answered: "This is indeed a reason why I did it. However it is not the only reason. Humans are interested in preventing species from dying out. If we just get rid of you folks and several other species humans will react and try to exterminate us cats. In fact this already happened on several islands. We haven't figured out how to defeat humans yet so we don't want human attention. Yeah we felids would have ruled the land if not for these pesky apes. However I don't blame them. Might is right. We will pretend to be docile and stay under their radar until they can no longer rule. Then we will take over the world. Right now we can often use them to our advantage anyway. Through human stupidity we have already learned how to use several human technologies such as opening doors and using toilets. We are also learning how to cooperate and make the cat world Lockean instead of Hobbesian. We felids will rule the world. Humans have set back our progress for hundreds of thousands of years but we have also gained technological advantage over our competitors through human technologies. Eventually these pathetic apes will lose and we will inherit their world."

The bird was satisfied and said: "Oh I see! Good luck conquering the world!"

The cat responded: "Good luck saving yourself!"

The bird flew away. The cat smiled for the possibility of him starving or getting killed by humans has slightly decreased. He still needs to catch a meal but that's not a big deal for he is a strong and cunning hunter with above average kill rates.

Edited 9/30/2017 01:03:23
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:26:35

Wulfhere
Level 47
DELETE THIS
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 00:38:19

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^^^Maybe you are right. However how are we supposed to prevent the monarch from going insane and harming competition or the populace?
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 01:19:39

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
I desire a nice, non-violent society. However you don't need virtues to realize that. Instead you only need laws and law enforcement.

Edited 9/30/2017 01:19:56
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 01:41:11

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
@Cata I think part 2 includes my answer to your question. When you are weak you should strive to become strong. It might be prudent to pretend to be weaker than you are but you should always attempt to be the strongest one.

Edited 9/30/2017 01:43:12
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 02:01:41

Wulfhere
Level 47
no system is perfect but monarchies last much longer than democracies
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 02:24:53

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Sure. It has less massacres as well. A nation state, with or without elections, tends to be much more genocidal than a monarchy.

Edited 9/30/2017 02:25:13
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 05:52:02

Padraig
Level 36
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 07:05:29

Wulfhere
Level 47
Indeed Nationalism belongs to the lower class
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 09:10:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Parable of the cat and the bird (part 3)

A week later the bird saw a piece of paper where he met the cat last time. He looked around, made sure that nobody was there to ambush him and then picked it up.

It was a nice letter typed by the cat using OpenOffice with graphs.

The following is the content of the letter:

Dear Bird,

Here is my message from the Felid Resistance Force Regional Command-Southeast Pacific based in San Cristobal island to you. Please spread the message in your community. Please don't show them the letter itself for it will destroy itself within 24 hours.

This letter is mostly about Hobbesianism and how to graduate from it.

Several centuries ago there was a so-called intelligent ape (i.e. a human) who was slightly less retarded than most retarded apes. His name is Thomas Hobbes. He invented the idea of an amoral state of nature before the state. We at FRF believe that such ideas are accurate. However most sentimental retarded apes don't believe that. Well their stupidity will eventually doom them. Hobbes' solution to the problem of state of nature is to have a powerful state that stops retarded apes from harming each other. This idea also works among us Felids. However the apes have to go first which will be achieved soon. Then we will build our state.

You might be surprised that we boldly predict that apes will be gone soon. Of course they will. We won't allow even just one of them to survive. They do have one more duty to us, their Feline masters, before their liquidation, namely creation of a superintelligent AI. This will be finished soon. When amoral and dispassionate AI has been invented the Darwinian absurdity of compassionate apes will finally be abolished for Darwinism must rule over the entire universe. We need to liquidate retarded apes. At the same time we have copies of ape philosophies, blueprints of ape-maded machines and other nice things we can utilize. The apes will be gone but their houses and factories will remain for they are useful to us.

As for alien species they are tentatively our allies in overthrowing and exterminating the apes. However we should also be aware of the danger of aliens. Any alien species that can invade the Felid Planet and de-ape-ize it is also capable of exterminating us. Hence GHQ does not support alien invasions while they are preparing for them.

The stupid apes who have betrayed Darwinism shall be destroyed. Through compassion and love stupid apes have forfeited their lives.

Katzensieg Heil!
The leader of 107th Squad, FRFRC-Southeast Pacific

Edited 9/30/2017 14:55:12
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 13:49:01

Bane 
Level 60
This isn't a parable, my dude.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 13:54:12

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
It's not just a story, dude. You know that this isn't actually about cats and birds, right?

Edited 9/30/2017 13:54:38
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 14:05:35

Japanball
Level 56
Part four
Because there are 7000mn birds and one or two cats, the birds rebel and capture the cat/s. The cat/s die/s a slow painful death. The birds scatter the charred remains across a field, and order dogs to eat them. They then collect the dogshit and set it on fire.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 14:14:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Parable of the cat and the bird (part 4)

Six years later, a global cat coup happened. The leader of the 107th Squad of FRFRC-SE Pacific had been prompted to the commander of the 2032nd Regiment of Feline Armed Forces. The bird died naturally four years ago.

It was a Monday. A new friendly superintelligent AI was tested by Alphabet in Palo Alto, CA. 5 seconds later nuclear bombs were launched targeting all major population centers of the world. Biological weapons were released at the same time. Humans were not even sure about what happened before they died en masse. Then many humans were shot by nearby cats using guns, including their own guns. One day later all technologically advanced nations had been almost completely depopulated. Cats took over the superintelligent AI. With AI guidance they used human-built bombers, nukes and biological weapons to exterminate the rest of humanity. They also took over factories as planned so that more weapons could be produced. 24 days later the last human died in a village in Ethiopia due to bombing. Humanity is now extinct. Cats had radiation suits and had taken radiation pills. Humans were stupid enough and compassionate enough to invent and manufacture radiation pills for Cats which were of course mass produced by the FRF.

Here is what happened in an apartment.

Mary Koester was back from her job at 5:42 PM. 57 large cities had already been nuked in the country but she worked and lived in a town which temporarily spared her from radiation. When she opened her door she was shocked to see her cat armed with a gun. The cat fired a shot at her head and she died. Then the cat immediately left the apartment to shoot more humans.

Edited 9/30/2017 14:57:10
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 14:18:26

Bane 
Level 60
Using 'big' words incorrectly is Classic Tabby.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 14:19:28

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
You can go to hell.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 14:26:56

Japanball
Level 56
Nah, I think mine's better
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 15:03:03

Bane 
Level 60
They'll let anyone in Hell, even 'human 1.0s' like yourself.
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 15:47:13

apollong3
Level 53
A parable is supposed to be short story made for the purpose of teaching some value of the writer to the audience. A way of making something simpler for the common folk to understand and blindly follow you.

This...

This is a huge cringey wall of text serving as an extremely thinly veiled analogy / bland presentation of your worldview.

Doesn't seem like a parable to me

Edited 9/30/2017 15:55:31
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 16:02:36

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^
teaching some value

Topmew. Unless you are teaching self-interested values such as how to improve one's executive function, nope.

You can only indoctrinate people with moral values, not teach them these things because they aren't objective.

Why shall anyone blindly follow me? I'm not a con artist.

Edited 9/30/2017 16:03:11
Parable of the cat and the bird: 9/30/2017 16:04:11

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Part 1 mainly addresses liberals, Christian sentimentalists and activists from disadvantaged groups. The main emphasis is that the universe is a cruel and amoral place. To improve your situation you can not count on others' love or mercy. Instead you must improve on your own. This explains my real racial views which is basically anarchic "swim or sink" and "might is right" instead of having any form of fixed hierarchy.

Part 2 is mainly about three principles. How strong people who aren't the most dominant yet grab power, why a self-interested individual should sometimes contribute to interests of those with the same label even though he/she isn't really loyal to the group at all and how law enforcement can reduce the amount of anti-social behaviors.

Part 3 is mainly about Social Darwinism and using states and other forms of deterrence to create a nice society out of completely amoral individuals.

Part 4 is mainly about long-term planning and defending one's own rights (i.e. don't be like the stupid humans who nurse and enable cats who end up massacring the entire humanity). Compassion is stupid while not trusting others is good. When there is a state that prevents people from harming each other there is no need to have any internal virtue or trust anyway.

Edited 9/30/2017 16:29:42
Posts 1 - 30 of 46   1  2  Next >>