Warzone has just been updated to version 4.10.0! This update adds a new map rendering engine called UJS-Canvas, as well as some bug fixes.
This is a server-only update, which means the Unity app (iOS/Android apps) will not receive this version.
UJS-Canvas is a new map rendering engine for players playing Warzone through a web browser on a computer. It is similar to the UJS mode already available, but it renders the map using the html <canvas> element.
The goal of UJS-Canvas is increased performance on large maps. In UJS mode, large maps can cause a significant amount of framerate lag. UJS-Canvas aims to fix this by redrawing the map only when you pan/zoom around instead of every frame. This leads to a smoother experience, which helps on maps of all sizes but is most noticeable on large maps.
It also has some small visual improvements over UJS mode. For example, when territories bounce, the army number on that territory bounces with them which looks more natural. Also, when territories glow, the glow effect is done much more efficiently than UJS mode which also saves a lot of CPU. This is most noticeable when selecting very large bonuses, such as super bonuses on large maps, which highlight much more smoothly in UJS-Canvas over UJS mode.
– All: Fixed a bug that made community level descriptions not show up in some cases. Thanks to Slovakia for reporting this.
– All: Fixed a bug with real-time Quickmatch/Ladder/Tournament games with auto boot times under 5 minutes that could delay the automatic force join. Thanks to Krzystof for reporting this.
– All: Fixed a bug with community levels that could cause an error when adding multiple special units to the same territory.
– All: Fixed a bug with boss units on community levels that use high fog levels. Thanks to Rucka for reporting this.
– Website: Fixed a bug that prevented tournament custom scenarios from being viewed while in UJS mode.
– Website: Removed real-time ladder from the multi-player dashboard.
– UJS: Fixed a bug that could cause an error message when trying to modify orders.
– UJS: Fixed a bug that made hotkeys not work in Firefox after closing chat. Thanks to 89thlap for reporting this.
– Unity: Fixed typo in tournament chat. Thanks to Olja for reporting this.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that could cause an error if a territory was clicked just as a game ended. Thanks to Drama for reporting this.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that prevented joining coin tournaments if you had exactly the number of coins as the entry fee. Thanks to Pohorex for reporting this.
– Unity/UJS: Fixed a bug that could cause “bubble doesn’t have a slot” error when loading a template that used custom scenarios then changing the players. Thanks to Johnson Dibbles for reporting this.