<< Back to Off-topic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 8 of 8   
Scary observations: 9/26/2017 20:14:59

Paugers 
Level 41
Youtube's my preferred media outlet, as it is probably for most of us on here and this won't be a long post because I thought it was worth mentioning that I felt a nervous worry at the fact that while I was watching an old Angry Video Game Nerd video again I saw in the "recommended" bar a nostalgia review video which featured a guy talking about the Teletubbies (a show which I watched when I was a younger kid). This made me click on his channel because I didn't consider Teletubbies a "classic" I'm not that old and it was around when I was just a kid. But when I did that I found other channels along with this guy reviewing things from my childhood, just a strange feeling to see stuff you consider new and memorable called a "classic" or "old" and I'm only 18 now.

Anyone else had this experience?
Scary observations: 9/26/2017 22:57:15

Shredtail2 
Level 57
It only gets worse as you age.
Scary observations: 9/26/2017 23:12:06

Belgian Gentleman 
Level 56
I can understand your situation @former nazbol. I had a similar experience from today. An amateuristic online radio today celebrated their third anniversary as an officially recognised radio. Although in my memories it still feels like last month. The overwhelming athomosphere in their beginning days cannot be forgotten. Their youngest DJ was like 14 years old or something
Scary observations: 9/26/2017 23:30:29

Onoma94 
Level 60
I guess...
We are used to people calling their old stuff "classics", so the transition to "our" series/music/etc being "classics" appears jarring at first. I guess it's kind of a generation fight, "the kids don't know" etc.

Teletubbies are now 20 years old so it's not exactly new, although as a kid I found that completely unwatchable, so I could never understand the big deal about it. :P
Scary observations: 9/27/2017 11:11:16

Wulfhere
Level 47
>tfw 19 years old
Scary observations: 9/27/2017 12:40:08

Darth Darth Binks
Level 56
I heard Bittersweet Symphony on a classic rock station a few months ago. That was whack, yo.
Scary observations: 9/27/2017 17:09:42

Wulfhere
Level 47
Some of the Post-MW2 CoDs are now considered classic
Scary observations: 9/29/2017 23:46:12

Wulfhere
Level 47
sp00ky stuff m9 especially since Halloween is right around the corner
Posts 1 - 8 of 8