<< Back to Off-topic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 7 of 7   
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/24/2017 15:15:35

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
From https://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Earthlings-autistic-neurotypical-ebook/dp/B004EPYUV2 it seems that neurotypicality is highly irrational, so do most neurotypicals.

Autists are naturally red-pilled while NTs are naturally blue-pilled. Rationalism is in essence an attempt to get NTs to learn autistic thinking.

I do have some criticism of the book though. It talks about "social reality" which is basically consensus of deluded people and hence should not be labelled a form of reality at all. Natural reality is the only reality that exists while "social reality" is not reality at all. The book gives NT insanity too much credit and uses overly positive terms to describe them.

Edited 6/24/2017 15:18:05
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/24/2017 15:57:44

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Rationality depends on autism as well as intelligence and education.

Edited 6/24/2017 15:58:01
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/24/2017 16:00:20

Japanball
Level 56
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/25/2017 03:46:44

Padraig
Level 39
<<In the past I have seen NTs negatively as just a weak-minded herd of clones who waste all their time pointlessly talking about nothing, but I've begun to see them more positively as a result of understanding their 'wiring'. This book might help you see what they are doing in a more forgiving and understanding way, and help you understand why the time they spend doing those NT things is not actually a waste. After reading the book ... you might stop seeing the NTs as being so pointless or mystifying.>>

The above is a quote from the author's introduction to the book referenced by Tabby.

Looks like a book well worth delving into.

I am reminded of Oliver Sacks' essay on Temple Grandin, 'An Anthropologist From Mars'.
The title of the essay refers to how Temple has said she feels around NT people. Temple for those who are not familiar with her is an agricultural engineer who is autistic. I have a great respect for the woman.

Tabby, the social reality of which you are so dismissive is natural to man who is very much a part of and dependent upon nature. Being a part of humanity, expanding your understanding of what is natural to humanity is never a waste of your time.
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/25/2017 03:51:17

∞ Western Imperialist ∞
Level 17
>contemporary ''intellectuals''

get back to us when they actually achieve something, anything.
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/25/2017 03:58:13

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^^The problem with "social reality" is that it is a misleading term. A much better name would be "NT corruption of reality" or "what NTs mistake as reality".

I agree that this phenomenon needs to be investigated not because it inherently has any value but because it is a widespread delusion.

The key is that NTs don't even care about reality in general as long as they can get away with their indifference to reality.

Edited 6/25/2017 04:01:11
Rationality as an autistic phenomenon: 6/25/2017 04:07:46

∞ Western Imperialist ∞
Level 17
>citing people who've never accomplished anything or made an accurate prediction

well done jude
Posts 1 - 7 of 7